For the next 1ON1 Workshop we’ll be sitting down with the renowned producer and songwriter Kerry “Krucial” Brothers. To help you get prepared, we thought we’d share five things you might not of known about the super-producer.
1. Brothers was born in Brooklyn, New York and spent much of his life in Harlem, but was actually raised on the 3-sided island better known as Far-Rockaway.
2. Krucial is also an artist. Whether Uptown with S&S and Ron G, spittin’ on the Rock & Will Hard Pack mixtapes or Downtown with Bobitto live on stage at the Nuyorican Poets Café or the Lyricist Lounge, Krucial was there.
3. He has produced, written, arranged and composed songs that appeared on soundtracks such as Dr. Doolittle, Drumline, Shaft and Ali, and has worked with Rakim, Mario, Angie Stone, Nas, Keyshia Cole, and of course Alicia Keys.
4. With Keys, he was the main producer, writer, and reason why both ‘Songs In A Minor’ and ‘The Diary Of Alicia Keys’ have gone on to sell over 17 million albums collectively world-wide.
5. Brothers has his own company called Krucial Noise, a Music & Film Production Company and Independent Record Label. The first artist he’s rolling out is a singer-songwriter named Mateo, who’s currently signed to Interscope Records.